Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tweeting Conference

I had an interesting experience this weekend.  I decided to "tweet" during General Conference.  I normally wouldn't do such a thing due to my lack of a twitter, but I consented and tried it out.  It was a positive experience for me, one in which I was able to better pay attention to the speakers by tweeting my thoughts and the cool quotes I heard.  It caused me to want to write things down too, so for the first time in my life, I took "good" notes during conference.  Most of the time I would tweet from my phone, so while I was at the conference center (I was there for two sessions) I never really got distracted by having my phone out for more than a few seconds.  At home though, I was able to read through the tweets about it during the sessions, it helped a lot especially when I missed a quote or something.  While at the Conference Center though, I wouldn't be able to keep track of the feed, but I would get notifications as people tweeted directly at me about them, "favorited" them, or "retweeted" them.  It was a good time.  I paid better attention than most of my family, and got significantly more out of it than I would have without doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment